What personal information do we collect from Users?
When you use this website, we collect and store your personal information as provided by you. Our primary goal in doing so is to conduct internal research on your demography and interest to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience as well as to protect your interest. This allows us to provide services and features that are most likely to meet your needs, and to customize the web site to make your experience safer and easier. Importantly, we only collect personal information about and related to you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located anywhere under the custody of Grameenphone Ltd or its authorized vendors/suppliers/service providers/licensors.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- name, address, contact numbers, father's/mother's/husband's/wife's name, email address, physical contact information, and sometimes financial information (depending on the service used) such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Grameenphone postpaid and prepaid top up (airtime) account and MobiCash account for both of them;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- the URL that you were redirected from (whether this URL is on our site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address;
- your buying behavior and pattern;
- If you send us personal correspondence such as emails or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- We may also collect non-personal information about your visit to the Site, and other similar sites based on your browsing (click-stream) activities. This information may include the pages you browsed and products and services viewed or ordered for example.
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of any ordered item);
- your photographs, thumb print, signature, national/voter ID number, passport number, official/work address, parents and spouse information etc.
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to any organization, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
How we Use your personal information?
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- deliver ordered products, provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, securing payments against purchase, and troubleshoot problems;
- customize your experience; detect and protect us against error
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates;
- tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare your submitted/tracked information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
- examine your personal information to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases and delete/bar the unauthenticated User IDs.
- Send you e-mail notifications which you have specifically requested
Your feedback, ratings and associated comments may be displayed for the enhancement of the website and in-depth understanding for other visitors. If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your Log In ID, activity or reminders from this website, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference in ''My Account' or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations of the country. We may also share your personal information with:
- Relevant Members/Partners/Vendors/Payment Gateway/Bank/Financial Instutes/Suppliers of Grameenphone Ltd. to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, fund collection and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you've requested their services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation.
- For any confidentiality agreement between Grameenphone and any other organization, we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose necessary information.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
Third Parties Website